PRINCIPAL Dr.(Smt.) K. Mohana M.Com., M.Phil., B.Ed., Ph.D., joined Modern Senior Secondary School as P.G.T. Commerce & Accountancy in the year 1990. With her dedicated and committed hard work, she was promoted as Vice Principal in the year 1997 and as Principal in the year 2005.
- Appointed as Curriculum Committee Member by CBSE for the subjects Accountancy and Business Studies from 2005
- Acted as Observer for AIEEE
- Appointed as Subject Expert for Accountancy by CBSE from 1997 onwards for 21 years
- Head Examiner for Accountancy for Southern Region from 1996 onwards for 22 years
- Nominated by CBSE for the Master Training Programme conducted by Regional Institue of Education (National Council of Educational Research and Training, New Delhi) at Bhubaneshwar regarding the new text books on Accountancy and Business Studies by N.C.E.R.T following NCF 2005 for 5 days from June 25th 2007.
- Appointed as Survey Administrator by CBSE for conducting Health survey in the Schools.
- Started the Commerce Laboratory in our School in 1992 for the first time in the Southern Region under the guidance of Sri G. Balasubramanian, the then Director (Academic), CBSE and thestudents were given practical training in the subjects, Accountancy and Commerce.
- Attended the strategic Leadership Training Programme for Principals at IIm, Ahemdabad in 2005.
- Attended a Training Programme on Measurement and Assessment organized by International Confederation of Principals’ and CBSE at Trivandrum on 12.8.2010 & 13.8.2010.
- Attended an International Conference of School Principals at PHD House, New Delhi on 18th & 19th October 2013.
- Attended a Regional Summit of School Principals on “Sexual Behaviour of School Children in Changing Socio-Cultural Environment” organized by Institute of Counsellor Training Research and Consultancy at Jenneys Residency, Coimbatore on 29.11.2016.
AWARDS & ACCLAMATIONS:
Received the President Award - NATIONAL AWARDEE 2016 - Honoured by Vice President of India on 5.9.2017
CBSE BEST TEACHER AWARDEE 2013 – HONOURED BY HRD MINISTER ON 4.9.2014
- Awarded by the School 20 times including four advance increments for producing excellent results in Accountancy and Commerce in the XII Standard Board Examination.
- Awarded by Lions Club of Madras, Egmore as Best Teacher during 1995.
- Awarded by the Lions Club International as Best Principal during 2006.
- Awarded “Best Principal” by Padma Sarangapani Cultural Academy and was conferred the title “Padma Vidyasagar” during 2008.
- Awarded “Best CBSE Principal” by Mylapore Academy during 2008.
- Received the “Wisdom International Award – “Best CBSE Principal” by the Wisdom International on 13.12.2008
- Received “Smt. Sarla Chopra Award” by Avantika on 22.4.2009
- Honoured by His Holiness Jagadguru Sri Jayendra Saraswathi Swamigal on “Acharya Diwas” – 5.9.2009 organised by Sri Kanchi Kamakoti Peetam Chennapuri Baktha Jana Samajam
- Best Principal Award by Kulapathi Dr.S.Balakrishna Joshi Gurukulam, Chennai.
- Best Principal Award by Science Olympiad Foundation, New Delhi on 31.5.2010 & 2011.
- Best Principal Award by Sri Vidyatheertha Foundation on 7.8.2011.
- Honoured by Sri Vidyatheetha Foundation on 6.8.2012 for inculcating Indian culture & Heritage among the students.
- Received “Best Principal Award” from Mylapore Academy on 9.11.2012.
- Honoured by the Dakshina Bharat Hindi Prachar Sabha in the Pracharak Sammelan Function held at T. Nagar on 2.10.2013.
- Awarded “Best Commerce Teacher” by Shree Gurukripa Institute of Management on 26.11.2013.
- Our School was awarded India’s Best School 2016 by Careers 360- an Education Hub for the year 2016-17 based on the performance of XII Std Board examination 2016. We have been graded AAAAA-Exceptional.
- Our School was ranked Third amongst the top 100 CBSE Schools all over India in a survey conducted by the Education World in XII Std Board Exam 2016.
- conferred with “Lady Kalyani Sivaswami Ayyar Best Teacher Award” by The National Boys & Girls Education Society managing Sir Sivaswami Kalalaya, Mylapore on 7.2.2017